The Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) has come up with great news for all Spatial Data Enthusiasts this October.
As they published at the beginning of this month that they will be offering FREE training for Spatial Data Science running from October 28 up until December 9th this year as part of their training & certification program during the Corona-virus Disease.
The course will have a duration of 6 weeks where anyone registering for for training is required to spend 2-3 hours of study per week in order to complete.
What are the Goals?
Is they described on their website,
- Understand how spatial data science helps uncover hidden patterns,
- use ArcGIS data engineering methods and visualization tools to prepare for spatial analysis
- gain hands-on experience performing suitability analysis, predictive modeling, space-time pattern mining and object detection
- and to communicate analysis results and insights using engaging and compelling ArcGIS StoryMaps.
What is required?
Familiarity with statistics and Python will be helpful but is not required.
What will you get during the course?
As they also mentioned on their webiste,
Esri provides free access to ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Notebooks, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, and ArcGIS Image Analyst software during the course. You will need to download the software and run it on a machine that meets the ArcGIS Pro system requirements.
- A broadband Internet connection and a web browser that allows access to PDF files and embedded video files are required.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- For the best experience, attend the course using a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet.
What are you waiting for?
Register for this course today before registration closes on the 12th of November this year.