RCMRD – Regional Center for Mapping of Resources for Development. RCMRD, established in 1975, is a premier centre of excellence in the provision of geo-information and allied information communication applications.
The theme of this year’s Conference will be Earth Observation Services for Resilient Social Systems. It will be held from 6 to 8 September 2022 at RCMRD, Nairobi Kenya and it will be hybrid i.e. Physical and Online.
The conference will explore how Earth observation data and services can improve resilience in social systems by addressing challenges around people, their planet and associated policies that drive social systems.
|Great Opportunity to Learn|
See how Earth Observation is contributing toward meeting the Sustainable Development Goals.
|Show Case your WorkA unique platform to present, share & publish your work.|
|Global Networking PlatformGet to meet some amazing specialists in Earth Observation & GIS.|
How to Participate
Instructions for registration and abstract submission
1. All RIC2022 participants are expected to register online using this page. No individual will be allowed to access the meeting without first registering online.
2. Please keep your registration information secure. Participants may register to solely attend the conference as listeners, or attend the conference as presenters.
3. To register, please create an account with your valid email address. The system will prompt you to create a login password. Keep your password safely. In case you forget your password, you may request for a new password using the email address you used to register.
4. Once you have registered, you will be prompted to decide if you wish to register for the conference without making a presentation, or you wish to submit an abstract.
5. For those wishing to submit an abstract presentation, the system will require you to submit your abstract describing your work in less than 500 words. Please follow the steps described in the abstraction submission system until the end to submit your abstract. The system will send you an acknowledgement email notifying you that the abstract is fully submitted.
6. It is possible to edit a submitted abstract before the deadline by logging into your account and selecting your abstract. After the deadline for submission, one will not be able to edit.
7. Should you register and wish to submit your abstract later, please use the same login credentials to access the abstract submission guidelines to complete your abstract submission process.
8. The person submitting the abstract will be deemed to be the corresponding author, and will receive subsequent communication on the status of the abstract upon review. An individual may submit more than one abstract.
9. It’s possible to edit a submitted abstract before the deadline, by logging into your account and selecting your abstract. After the deadline for submission, one will not be able to edit.
Levels of Participation :
Level 1: Oral Paper presentation
You can participate by submitting an abstract on what your institution does, research papers, and innovation
Level 2: Poster presentation
You can participate by submitting an abstract on what your institution does, research papers, and innovation.
Level 3: Sponsor and Exhibitor
Sponsorship of RIC 2022 provides your organization with the opportunity to reach to an international audience of Earth Observation information users. We have a wide range of sponsorship options available and exhibition spaces , which we can tailor to suit your needs and your budget.
Level 4: Delegates
Are you interested in listening in and learning more on Earth Observation uses in decisions making.
The Seven Thematic Areas are:
Registration is currently open here – https://ric2022.rcmrd.org/