Does Tutorship Spark Your Interest?
Are you someone who has a passion for sharing their skills, knowledge and experience with a broader audience?
Are you passionate about youth and professional development in the Geospatial industry and related fields?
Are you skills driven for change in the world?
The Geospatial Academy is looking for you.
Apply to become a Tutor with African Surveyors Connect under the Geospatial Academy initiative today.
Read more about this initiative. Or if you are ready, click the button to begin.
What is the Geospatial Academy
Focusing on skill development, enhancement and capacity development, as African Surveyors Connect we are proud to officially announce about our new initiative the Geospatial Academy.
The Academy is an online skills development center for anyone working in or with the geospatial profession or related fields. By providing skills driven for action content, the Academy aims to be a building block for skills development and capacity building for the geospatial profession and related fields in Africa.
Collecting and harnessing skills from several aspects of life, daily work, reality, innovation, business and imagination, the Academy will help build a better youth and professionals for Africa. While our primary focus is on Africa, the Academy is open to anyone around the globe but focus themes, examples, case scenarios used within the Academy by tutors and content creators and developers will be sources from the African continent.
Who is eligible?
While selecting individuals from different fields and sectors that help feed into the geospatial industry, our call for applications for the tutoring program is looking for individuals who are:
- aged 22 years and beyond and not more than 65
- moderately or highly skilled in an field that relates to the geospatial profession in any way
- self motivated, passionate and eager to deliver and uplift other peoples abilities and skills
- skill driven in their line of work, studies or hobbies
- willing to change the world by uplifting others through #Education and #Skills development
What are the benefits?
As a tutor under African Surveyors Connect, you will get the following and not only limited to the following opportunities:
- a chance to connect with people from various backgrounds and be able to change someone’s career and life through development and capacitation
- Gaining more experience and exposure through volunteering and connecting with the world
- Get recognition from our African Surveyors Connect community among other communities that exist in the world
- You get the chance to improve some of your own personal skills like communication
- earning extra cash by offering paid courses on the platform.
Ready to become a tutor? Fill in the application form below today.
Having trouble filling in the form on this page? Click here, to access the standalone application page.
We have created the following section to help you with some of the burning questions that we receive about this opportunity.
Tutors decide whether they want to make a course paid or free. Once you determine the price of the course, 15% of that total will go towards African Surveyors Connect and the rest is yours.
All payments are processed into African Surveyors Connect accounts. Payouts are done at the end of each month based on how many people enrolled for your course within that period.
Payment per month = 85% of Course-Fee x Number-Of-People-Enrolled-that-Month
Tutors are flexible to select which method they would like to use for their courses. Some options currently on the table include;
– Geospatial Academy Web Platform
– Recorded Video Sessions
– Live Webinars
– Social Chat Sessions (i.e. WhatsApp Group)
NO. The application process is FREE of charge. Please beware of anyone who might try to pose as a volunteer at African Surveyors Connect. If you find such persons, kindly send us an email on email@example.com informing us about any issues related.
Our focus is not on degreed individuals. We are looking for skill driven and passionate people hence if you know you have the right and relevant skills to share then definitely this is for you.
Did not find an answer to what you are looking for? Send us an E-mail of inquiry today on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with the relevant information.
Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions set and outlined in the following document(s) before proceeding with your application.
Tutoring Program Terms and Conditions of Agreement –
Conduct of Conduct –